To function as an apex body /nodal agency to promote and nurture cultural activities of all types in the region. This will include :
- Take up activities aimed at promoting public awareness about traditional architecture, including, but not limited to production of literature , multimedia products, organizing awareness programmes etc.
- Coordinate with other agencies, organizations and institutions involved in the field of cultural activities through organizing joint programmes, arranging financial assistance from funding agencies and leading joint initiatives.
- Prepare comprehensive plans for assisting cultural institutions for establish them to function effectively, and implement such plans with the cooperation of such institutions
- Take up directly and indirectly programmes and initiatives that will increase the spread of cultural activities in the region.
- Involve in all such related activities with the objective of showcasing, preserving and promoting cultural activities specially those relating traditional architecture and sculpture , mural painting and arts.
- To conduct various academic courses covering various aspects of Traditional Architecture and other ancillary arts at the Certificate /Diploma/Degree level after getting the necessary recognition for the same and refresher courses for practicing Architects/Civil Engineers..
- To undertake documentation/archiving of existing traditional buildings of architectural importance through detailed survey, photography, videography and architectural drawings.
- To undertake activities for preserving and strengthening specific old buildings of Architectural significance which need restoration work.